2007年11月27日火曜日

Book Review2-08" Washington Square"

I read Washington Square written by Henry James. This story is about marige of Catherine Sloper who is main character. She didn't get married yet because her looks is not beautiful and she is quiet. However, she had much money. So, a man who is Morris Townsend talked to her because, she was rich. He wanted to get her much money. So, he said to her about their marige. However, her father who was a doctor and clever. He didn't want to give money for him. So, her father didn't allow their marige. In the end, Morris gave up to get married with Catherine and he had done to get married with another woman. Catherine didn't get married in her life. I thought I would get out of my house if I was her. Her father didn't love Catherine because he was important his money more than Catherine. I think that she was sad when she knew that. His father didn't forgive her to try to get married with Morris. He doesn't like him. Her father was angry about it. I was very suprised at it. I couldn't believe it. I thought he is sad man because he didn't notice that he was loved by his daugther.

0 件のコメント: